Math Resources and Games:
- Vocabulary Cards – Math Vocabulary Cards help students deepen their conceptual understanding of key terms in mathematics. Each card features three sections: a math term, a representative example or model, and a concise definition.
- Number Pieces -Number Pieces helps students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers.
- Geoboard Online -The Geoboard app is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
- Pattern Shapes – Students use Pattern Shapes to explore geometry and fractions, create their own designs, or filling in outlines. As they work with shapes, students think about angles, investigate symmetry, and compose and decompose larger shapes.
- Number Lines – Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and illustrate strategies for counting, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Choose number lines labelled with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, or negative numbers.
- Number Frames – Number Frames help students structure numbers to 5, 10, 20, and 100. Students use the frames to count, represent, compare, and compute with numbers in a particular range.
- Number Pieces BASIC – Number Pieces Basic is a simplified version of Number Pieces. It has fewer features, putting greater focus on place value, counting, addition, and subtraction with multi-digit numbers.
- Money Pieces – Money Pieces help students visualize and understand money values and relationships. Two versions of coins and bills are provided: virtual currency pieces that replicate the appearance and relative size of U.S. coins and the dollar bill, and area money pieces.
- Number Rack – The Number Rack facilitates the natural development of children’s number sense. Rows of moveable, colored beads encourage learners to think in groups of fives and tens, helping them to explore and discover a variety of addition and subtraction strategies.
- Where the wonders of learning never cease!